Drug Abuse Resistance Education
D.A.R.E educated children at the crucial grade 5/6 level, which prepares them for entry into middle and high school, where they are most likely to encounter pressure to use drugs.
The Curriculum helps children to increase their self-esteem and provides them with knowledge and skills to help them refuse drugs and resist violence by focusing on:
- Accurate information about the effects of drug use and drug abuse
- Skills for recognizing and resisting pressure to experiment with tobacco, alcohol and other drugs
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Positive alternative to substance use and violent behaviour
- Decision-making skills that help them realize the consequences of the choices they make
- Ability to use non-violent ways to deal with anger and disappointment
- Improved interpersonal and communication skills.
D.A.R.E. Encourages a positive and healthy lifestyle amoung youth.